1 kg duck, cleaned
10 +10 shallots, sliced
1 medium piece ginger
6+10 garlic cloves
6 green chillies
1 onion, sliced
1 1/2 tbsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1 1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp crushed pepper
3 tbsp vinegar
coconut oil, as required
salt to taste
- Cut the duck into medium pieces. Add 1 tbsp vinegar and 1 tbsp salt to this and mix well with hand and keep it aside for 10 minutes. Then wash it well and keep it aside.
- Grind together 6 garlic cloves, 1 medium piece ginger and 6 green chillies into a paste and keep it aside.
- In a kadai, add 10 shallots sliced, 1 medium onion sliced, ginger-garlic-green chillies paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala, salt, curry leaves, 1 tbsp coconut oil and 2 tbsp vinegar and mix well with hand.
- Add cleaned duck into this and mix well with hand. Add a cup of hot water, mix well and cook it covered at medium flame till done , stirring in between. Add more water if required…( You can also cook in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles at medium flame).
- Heat little oil in another pan and shallow fry the cooked duck pieces at medium flame in batches and keep it aside.
- In the same pan with 2-3 tbsp oil (remove remaining oil from the pan), add 10 shallots sliced and 10 garlic cloves chopped and roast well adding little salt at medium flame till golden.
- Add this to the gravy and mix well at high flame. Adjust salt, spice and add 1 tbsp vinegar and mix well. Add 1 tsp garam masala and mix well.
- Then add the fried duck and mix well and roast till the masala is well coated.
- Add 1/2 tsp crushed pepper and mix well till dry . Add curry leaves and 1 tbsp coconut oil and mix well. Keep it covered for few minutes and then serve…
Recipe Source: Veena’s Curryworld