1 small green capsicum / bell pepper( 3/4 cup), chopped
3 tbsp grated coconut
2 dry red chillies
2 tbsp chana dal
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp coriander leaves
2 tsp oil
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1 small sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
- Chop the capsicum into cubes and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add chana dal and red chillies and fry till dal turns golden.
- Add chopped capsicum and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add grated coconut, tamarind and coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Allow to cool and transfer the ingredients to a mixer jar and then grind to a smooth paste adding little water and salt.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves.
- Pour this tempering over the green capsicum chutney and mix well. Serve with dosa / idli…
Recipe Source: sharmispassions.com