1/2 kg squid
2 tbsp + 1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 big piece ginger, crushed
10-12 garlic cloves, crushed
10-12 green chillies, finely chopped
2 sprig curry leaves
1 tsp asafoetida
1 tsp fenugreek powder
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup gingely oil
salt to taste
- Clean and cut the squid into small pieces. Then marinate it with 2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt and keep for 1/2 hour in refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the marinated squid till done and keep it aside.
- Heat the same oil used for frying and add crushed ginger and garlic and saute well.
- Add chopped green chillies, curry leaves and little salt and saute well till the raw smell goes.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder, asafoetida and fenugreek powder and mix well.
- Then add fried squid, mix well and cook covered for 2-3 minutes.
- Add vinegar into this and mix well. Adjust the salt and switch off the flame. Add 1 tsp sugar and mix well.
- Allow it to cool completely and store in an air tight glass container/ bottle…