small bunch mathan ela / pumpkin leaves ( 2 cups), chopped
1/2 cup grated coconut
3-4 green chillies
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 garlic clove
1 dry red chilli
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp ghee
1 tbsp oil
salt to taste
- Wash the pumpkin leaves and drain the water completely. Then finely chop it and keep aside.
- Crush together grated coconut, green chillies, cumin seeds, shallots, garlic and turmeric powder and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chilli and crushed coconut mixture and saute for few seconds.
- Then add chopped leaves and salt and mix well. Cover and cook at low flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Add a tsp of ghee and mix well. Switch off the flame and keep it covered for 5 minutes. Serve with rice…