3 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp pepper powder
1 sprig curry leaves
1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
3 cups of water
salt to taste
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 1/2 tsp ghee
- Wash, pat dry and pit the cherries. Cut 5 cherries into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Grind remaining cherries coarsely without adding any water.
- In a sauce pan, add the ground cherries, chopped cherries, cumin powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder, crushed garlic and salt.
- Add 2 cups of water, mix well and bring to boil over medium flame.
- Add the curry leaves, coriander leaves and remaining 1 cup of water and mix well.
- Reduce the flame to medium-low and simmer until it becomes frothy on top. Switch off the flame.
- Heat ghee in another small pan and add cumin seeds and fry for 10-15 seconds.
- Add this tempering to the rasam and add chopped coriander leaves. Keep it covered for 5-10 minutes. Serve with rice…
Recipe Source: www.vidhyashomecooking.com