1/2 kg crab, cleaned
1 drumstick, cut into pieces
1 medium raw mango, peeled & chopped ( add according to sourness)
4 green chillies, slit
small piece ginger, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 sprig curry leaves
1 1/2 cup grated coconut
2 1/2 tsp chilli powder
3/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 + 4 shallots, sliced
1 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Clean and cut the crabs into pieces and keep it aside.
- Grind together grated coconut, chilli powder, turmeric powder and shallots to a smooth paste adding enough water.
- In a manchatti / earthen pot, add cleaned crabs, drumstick, raw mango, curry leaves, garlic, ginger and salt.
- Add ground coconut paste to this, mix well and allow to boil well till the raw smell goes.
- When the gravy thickens and the crabs are cooked well, switch off the flame.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves and shallots and saute till brown.
- Switch off the flame and add 1/4 tsp chilli powder and mix well.
- Pour this over the curry and mix well. Serve hot…