1 1/4 – 1 1/2 cup roasted semiya / vermicelli
1 1/2 cup yogurt
1 cup milk
1 tsp sugar
5 green chillies, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
1/4 tsp asafoetida
4-5 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
2-3 tbsp oil
salt to taste
2-3 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Boil water in a pan and when it is about to boil, add 1 tbsp oil and roasted semiya and allow to cook.
- When it is almost done, add salt and boil again. Then switch off the flame and drain the water and keep it aside in a flat plate / tray.
- In a bowl, add yogurt and beat well. Add milk little by little , salt and sugar and mix well. Keep it aside.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and add dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add chopped green chillies and ginger and saute. Add asafoetida and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and add this to the yogurt mixture and mix well.
- Add cooked semiya ( about 4 cups) and coriander leaves and mix well. ( If it is thick, add little milk).
- Add little pomegranate seeds and black grapes. Cover and keep it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, add little coriander leaves, pomegranate seeds and black grapes…. Serve with pickle…