1 cup ( minus 2 tbsp ) plain flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 pinch of salt
4 medium eggs
1/2 cup ( + 2 tbsp) sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp instant coffee powder
1 1/2 tbsp hot water
1/4 cup+2 tbsp warm milk
1/4 cup oil
For Chocolate Ganache:
1 cup fresh cream
1 tbsp honey
1 cup grated chocolate
50 gm unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease mini cake tins/ moulds and keep it aside.
- Sift together plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt and keep it aside.
- In a small bowl, add coffee powder and 1 1/2 tbsp hot water and mix well. Keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs one at a time and beat at low speed after each addition and then beat together at high speed till creamy and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat for 4-5 minutes. Then reduce the speed and add vanilla essence, warm milk and oil little by little and beat at low speed.
- Add coffee mixture and mix at low speed. Then add the sifted flour mixture little by little and mix together until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tins and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave in the tins for 10 minutes, and then place on a wire rack to cool completely…
- To prepare chocolate ganache – In a sauce pan, add fresh cream and honey and mix well at low flame till it reaches the boiling point.
- Then add this to the grated chocolate and keep for 2 minutes and mix well using a wooden / rubber spatula.
- Add butter to this and mix well. Pour this ganache evenly over the top of the prepared mini cakes….