800 gm mutton, cut into pieces
2 tsp crushed pepper
1/4 tsp + 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 onions, chopped
1 inch piece ginger, finely chopped
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 big green chillies, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
300 ml thin coconut milk
200 ml thick coconut milk
3 sprig curry leaves
5 shallots, sliced
2 dry red chillies
1 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
3-4 tbsp oil
- Clean the mutton and marinate it with 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, crushed pepper, curry leaves and salt.
- Then pressure cook adding 1 cup of water for 6 whistles at medium flame.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan and add chopped onion and little salt and saute well till transparent.
- Add ginger, garlic, green chilli and curry leaves and saute well.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and mix well. Add coriander powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook it covered at low flame till soft.
- Then add cooked mutton with gravy and cook for about 10 minutes at low flame.
- Now add thin coconut milk and cook covered until the gravy thickens.
- Add thick coconut milk into this and mix well. Let it come to boil and remove from the flame.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and add shallots, dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Pour this to the curry and mix well. Serve hot…