1 1/2 cup peeled peanuts / kappalandi
gooseberry sized tamarind
8 shallots, chopped into 2 pieces
3 garlic cloves
1 tbsp + 1 tsp urad dal
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
salt to taste
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
1/4 tsp asafoetida
2 tbsp oil
- Soak tamarind in little water.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add shallots and garlic cloves and saute. Add 1 tbsp urad dal and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add peanuts to this and roast for 5 minutes.
- Now reduce the flame to low and add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add in kashmiri chilli powder. Switch off the flame and mix well.
- Add salt to this and mix well. Keep it aside to cool.
- Then grind it adding tamarind and enough water till smooth.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add urad dal, dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Switch off the flame and add asafoetida. Pour this over the chutney and mix well. Serve with idli / dosa…
Recipe Source: Magic Oven