2 cups roasted rava / semolina
1 cup yogurt
2 cups milk
10-12 cashew nuts, chopped
1 1/2 tsp ginger, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1 tsp eno
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
1 tbsp ghee
salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add roasted rava, yogurt and 1 cup of milk and mix.
- Then add remaining 1 cup of milk and salt and mix well. Keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies, chopped cashew nuts, ginger and green chillies and saute till raw smell goes.
- Add this to the prepared batter and mix well. Adjust the salt.
- Add eno and baking powder and mix well.
- Grease steel ramekins or idli moulds with little ghee and pour the batter in each mould/ ramekin.
- Place these ramekins into a steamer and steam for 12-15 minutes.
- When done, allow to cool and then remove from the ramekins and serve with chutneys of your choice….
Recipe Source: Lekshmi Nair Vlogs