2 cups idli batter
6-7 okra / vendakka, chopped
1-2 green chillies
1 tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste
- Cut the okra into pieces and grind it together with green chillies and cumin seeds into a fine paste adding little water if required.
- Add this okra paste to the idli batter and mix well until blended together. Add salt if required , mix well and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- In an idli cooker/ steamer , take enough water and allow to boil.
- Grease the idli moulds with little oil and pour the batter in the moulds.
- Place them in the steamer, close with a tight lid and steam cook on medium flame for about 15 minutes or until idlis get cooked well.
- Remove from the flame and allow to cool. Then remove the idlis from the moulds using the spoon and serve with sambar/ chutney…