3/4 kg beef, cut into small pieces
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp + 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
1 tbsp + 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
3/4 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1/3 cup thengakothu / coconut bits
2 sprig curry leaves
3/4 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
1 tsp crushed pepper
salt to taste
4 tbsp coconut oil
- In a pressure cooker, add the cleaned beef pieces, 1 tbsp chopped ginger, 1 tbsp chopped garlic, 1 thinly sliced medium onion, turmeric powder, pepper powder, coriander powder and salt and combine well.
- Then pressure cook it adding 2-3 tbsp water for 5-6 whistles or until completely cooked.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan over medium-high flame. Add 1 large thinly sliced onion, curry leaves and little salt and saute until onion turns lightly browned.
- Add 1 tbsp chopped ginger, 1 tbsp chopped garlic and coconut bits and saute well until onion turns golden.
- Now add cooked beef along with the gravy and cook on medium-high flame until the water is mostly evaporated.
- Reduce the flame to medium-low and cook for 10-12 minutes until the beef pieces are roasted well.
- Add crushed fennel seeds and 1 tsp crushed pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garam masala and switch off the flame. Serve with rice, chapathi, porotta, appam etc…