3 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
200 gm butter, at room temperature
1 cup castor sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
3-4 drops of green food colour or as required
3-4 drops of red food colour or as required
- In a bowl, sift together plain flour, baking powder and salt and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or in the bowl of electric mixer, add butter, sugar and vanilla essence and beat together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Now add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until it combines to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into three equal parts. Transfer one third of the dough to the mixing bowl and add the red food color and beat on low speed until well blended.
- Then shape into a disc, wrap in cling wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place the next one third of the dough into the bowl and add the green food color and beat on low speed until well blended. Wrap and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Wrap the remaining white part of the dough in another cling wrap and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
9. Remove the three pieces of dough from the fridge. Place each piece between two large sheets of baking paper, and roll out each to about 1/2 cm thickness.
10. Peel the top layer of baking paper off each flat dough. Carefully stack the three flat doughs on top of each other. Then very lightly roll the three layers together using a rolling pin.
11. Now starting with the longest end, roll the dough as tight as you can into a log, keeping the log wrapped in the bottom layer of baking paper. Cut the log in half. Place them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
12. Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Place a large amount of coloured sprinkles in a tray. Unwrap the paper from the dough log and roll the log in the sprinkles.
13. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Cut logs into 1 cm slices with a sharp knife. Place rounds 2 cm apart on the tray.
14. Bake it for 10 minutes. Leave to cool for 5 minutes and then transfer onto a wire rack…