1 kg chicken, cut into pieces
4 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp corn flour
2 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp cumin powder
2 tsp garam masala
juice of 1 big lemon
3 green chillies, finely chopped
1/4 tsp red food colour (optional)
salt to taste
2 tsp rice flour
oil for deep frying
- In a bowl, add plain flour, corn flour, chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste , eggs, cumin powder, garam masala, coriander power, chopped green chillies, lemon juice, red food colour and salt and whisk together. Add little water if the batter is very thick.
- Add the cleaned chicken pieces into this and mix to coat well. Keep it covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Add the rice powder just before frying and mix well.
- Heat oil in a deep pan on high flame. Then reduce the flame to medium-high and add the marinated chicken pieces, few pieces at a time.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes turning the pieces occasionally till done. Drain on paper towels and serve hot….
Recipe Source: Savory & Sweet Food