1 big cauliflower
2 celery sticks, finely chopped (3 tbsp)
3 green chillies, finely chopped
4 medium onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup corn flour
1 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp ginger paste
3 tbsp soy sauce
6-7 tbsp tomato sauce
1- 1 1/2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp sugar
salt to taste
2 tbsp spring onion, chopped
water, as required
oil, as required
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets.
- Boil water in a pan adding salt. Switch off the flame and add cauliflower and keep for 5 minutes. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add plain flour, corn flour and salt and mix well. Add the cauliflower florets and mix by adding water little by little ( about 1/2-3/4 cup).
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry them in batches till crisp and golden.
- Heat 3-4 tbsp oil in a thick bottomed pan and add chopped celery and green chillies and saute well.
- Add chopped onion and saute well till soft.
- Add garlic paste and ginger paste and saute well till raw smell goes.
- Reduce the flame and add soy sauce, tomato sauce, kashmiri chilli powder, pepper powder and little salt and mix well. Add sugar and mix well.
- Then add 3-4 cups of water , corn flour mix (mix 1-2 tsp corn flour with little water) and mix well. Adjust the salt and boil well at medium-high flame.
- Now add fried cauliflower to this and mix well till coated with the manchurian sauce.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped spring onions .. Serve hot…
Recipe Source: Lekshmi Nair Vlog