3/4 cup cherupayar / green gram
1 raw banana, peeled and chopped into pieces
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3/4 cup grated coconut
3 green chillies
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
2 tsp coconut oil
- Soak cherupayar / green gram in water for 5-6 hours.
- Transfer to a pressure cooker and add chopped raw banana, turmeric powder and salt and cook it adding 1 cup of water for 2 whistles.
- Grind grated coconut, green chillies, shallots, garlic cloves, cumin seeds and curry leaves together to a coarse mixture.
- Add this mixture to the cooked green gram and mix well. Adjust the salt and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp coconut oil and mix well. Switch off the flame and serve…