4 cups pasta
1 kg ripe tomato, chopped
6-7 green chillies, chopped
1 1/2 tsp ginger paste
1 1/2 tsp garlic paste
2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp oil
50 gm butter
2 1/2-3 tbsp plain flour
2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp kasuri methi
1/2- 3/4 cup fresh cream
salt to taste
grated paneer, for garnishing
chopped coriander leaves
- Boil water in a deep pan, add pasta, 1 tsp of oil and salt and cook for 8-10 minutes or according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta and keep it aside.
- In another large pan, add chopped tomatoes, cloves, cardamoms, chopped green chillies, ginger paste, garlic paste, kashmiri chilli powder and salt and cook adding 5 cups of water till mushy.
- Then crush it well using blender ( don’t puree) and strain it through a strainer and keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a thick bottomed pan and add plain flour and saute till the raw smell disappears on low flame.
- Then add tomato mixture ( step 3) and mix well. Add sugar and kasuri methi and mix well.
- When it thickens, add fresh cream and mix well. Adjust salt.
- Add cooked pasta and mix till well combined and cook for another 2-3 minutes on low flame…
- Switch off the flame and garnish with grated paneer and coriander leaves…Serve hot…