1 cup oats
1 cup water
1 onion, chopped
1 small carrot, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1/2 tsp ginger, chopped
1 sprig curry leaves
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp urad dal
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil / ghee
- In a pan, roast the oats in medium flame for 2 minutes and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee/ oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and urad dal.
- Add the chopped onion, green chillies, ginger and curry leaves and saute well till transparent.
- Add chopped carrots and saute for 2 minutes. Then add water and salt.
- When the water starts boiling, add the roasted oats slowly, stirring continuously.
- Cook covered on low flame, stirring in between, till all the water has evaporated and cooked.
- Remove it from flame and serve hot…