1 cup basmati rice
3/4 cup paneer, cut into small cubes
1/2 tsp + 1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp pepper powder
1 small onion ( 1/4 cup) , finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 cup green capsicum, thinly sliced or chopped
1/4 cup red capsicum, thinly sliced or chopped
2 tsp green chilli sauce
3/4 tsp vinegar
2 tbsp celery, chopped
2 tbsp spring onion, chopped
salt to taste
2 1/2 – 3 tbsp oil
- Wash the rice and cook in a deep pan adding enough water and salt till done. Drain the water and spread the rice over a broad plate and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, marinate the paneer cubes with 1/2 tsp soy sauce, 1/4 tsp pepper powder and a tiny pinch of salt and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a large pan and fry the paneer cubes until golden and keep it aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil in the same pan and add finely chopped onion and garlic and saute at medium-high flame until onion just starts to change its colour.
- Add chopped green and red capsicum and stir fry for a minute.
- Then add 1 1/2 tsp soy sauce, green chilli sauce and vinegar and mix well. Adjust the salt.
- Now add 2 cups of cooked rice, fried paneer cubes, 1/4 tsp pepper powder, chopped celery and spring onion and mix well for 3-4 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot…