4 ripe plantains/ kerala banana/ nendrapazham
1 1/2 cup plain flour
4 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup idli batter
pinch of salt
oil for frying
- Peel and cut banana into half and then cut each piece lengthwise into four pieces. Keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the plain flour, baking soda, sugar, idli batter and salt and mix well adding enough water to make a smooth thick batter.
- Take pappadums and break / cut it into small pieces. Add this to batter and mix well with hand.
- Heat oil in a pan. Dip each banana pieces in the batter, coat well and deep fry them in hot oil on both sides till cooked and golden.
- Drain and transfer to a kitchen tissue…Serve hot as a snack….