2 cup ripe pumpkin, peeled and cubed
1 1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 large eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 cup sugar, powdered
1/2-1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vinegar
- Peel and cut pumpkin into cubes and cook it adding milk till done. Keep it aside to cool.
- Then grind the cooled pumpkin into smooth puree (about 1 1/2 cup). Keep it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease and line the base of a square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Sift together plain flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs and beat well using electric mixer.
- Add oil little by little and beat again. Add sugar in batches and beat again.
- Add vanilla essence ( or mixed spice powder) and beat again.
- Add pumpkin puree into this and beat again.
- Add sifted flour in batches and beat at low speed until just combined. Then mix using a spatula.
- Mix baking soda in 2 tsp of vinegar and add immediately into the batter and mix well.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and tap well.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool the cake completely and demould and then slice into pieces and serve…
Recipe Source: Magic Oven