1/2 kg squid, cut into pieces
2 – 2 1/2 cups of dosa batter
2 onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
small piece ginger, crushed
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 green chillies
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
a sprig of curry leaves
1 tbsp oil
- In a pressure cooker, add cleaned squid pieces and cook it for 1 whistle adding little salt. Keep it aside…
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add chopped onions and saute well adding little salt.
- Add crushed ginger, garlic and chopped green chillies and saute well.
- Add chopped tomato to this and saute well till soft.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, curry leaves, lemon juice and saute well.
- Then add cooked squid , mix well and cook till the squid coats well with the masala.
- Adjust the salt and remove from the flame.
- To make koonthal dosa, heat a dosa pan/ tawa and grease with oil.
- Pour a ladle full of dosa batter in the centre and using the back of the ladle spread as concentric circles.
- Drizzle 1/2 tsp of oil over the dosa and when it is cooked and the edges starts browning, place 2-3 tbsp of koonthal masala over the dosa and close / fold the dosa.
- Remove it from the pan and serve hot…