4 hardboiled eggs
1 onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 small piece ginger, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
4-5 green chillies, slit
1 cup grated coconut
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 pinch cumin seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp oil
- Boil 4 eggs and keep it aside.
- Grind grated coconut with chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and cumin seeds to a smooth paste adding enough water. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies and saute well.
- Add chopped onion and saute well adding salt.
- Add chopped tomato and saute well till soft and cooked.
- Now add ground coconut paste into this and allow to boil.
- Then break 1 egg into this boiling mixture and mix well till cooked.
- Add the 4 boiled eggs and mix well. Add curry leaves and remove from flame.
- Serve hot with appam, idiyappam, pathiri etc….