3/4 cup chakka varatti / jackfruit preserve
1/4 cup jaggery
2 cups thin coconut milk
1/2 tsp powdered dry ginger / chukku
1 tbsp coconut bits/ thengakothu
8-10 cashew nuts
1 tbsp ghee
- Melt jaggery in a pan adding 1/4 cup of water and then strain it to remove the impurities and keep it aside.
- In a thick bottomed pan, add chakka varatti and the jaggery syrup and allow to boil.
- Stir well till the chakka varatti dissolves without any lumps.
- Add thin coconut milk into this and cook well. Add powdered dry ginger and cardamom and mix well.
- Then add the thick coconut milk and mix well.
- Add ghee in a pan and roast the coconut bits till golden colour. Remove it from the pan.
- Add cashew nuts and fry till golden. Add raisins and when it puffs up, switch off the flame.
- Add this and the roasted coconut to the pradaman and mix well. Serve…
- It can also be made using fresh jackfruit pieces. For that take 1 cup jackfruit pieces and pressure cook in 1/4 cup of water. And use 1/2 cup jaggery and then follow the same instructions…
Recipe Source: Lincy’s Cook Art