3/4 kg chicken, cut into small pieces
400 gm macaroni
2 onions, sliced
4-5 green chillies, chopped
5 garlic cloves, crushed
small piece ginger, crushed
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder
3/4-1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp pepper powder
2 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp chicken masala powder
1 cup grated coconut
1 sprig curry leaves
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste
oil, as required
- Boil 6-7 cups of water in a large pan adding a tsp of oil and salt. Add macaroni to this and cook till done. Strain in colander, rinse under cold running water and drain thoroughly. Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add sliced onion, green chillies, crushed ginger and garlic and saute well adding salt.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and 1/4-1/2 tsp garam masala and saute well at low flame.
- Add chopped tomato and mix well and cook covered for 2 minutes till soft.
- Add cleaned chicken pieces to this and mix well. Add 1 cup of water and mix well. Adjust the salt and cook covered till done.
- In the meantime, heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add fennel seeds and grated coconut and fry till brown.
- Add chicken masala powder to this and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and allow to cool. Then grind it to a smooth paste adding 1/2 cup of water.
- Now add this coconut paste and little water to the chicken curry and allow to boil well.
- Adjust the salt and add curry leaves.
- Then add the drained macaroni and mix well till the macaroni is well coated with the curry.
- Add 1/2 tsp pepper powder and 1/2 tsp garam masala and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Remove from the flame and serve hot…