6-8 leftover idli
2 tbsp cornflour
3 tbsp plain flour
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp + 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp + 1 tbsp red chilli paste
1 tbsp + 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
3 medium onion, sliced
1 capsicum, cut into strips
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp sugar
3 dry red chillies, cut into 2 pieces
1/2 cup cashew nuts
salt to taste
oil, as required
- Cut idli into thick strips. In a bowl, add 1/2 tsp pepper powder, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp red chilli paste, 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, cornflour, plain flour and salt. If required add 1 tbsp of water and marinate the idli pieces in this and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry them till golden in colour and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a thick bottomed pan and add dry red chillies. Add cashew nuts and fry till golden in colour.
- Add sliced onions and saute for 2 minutes. Add 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste and saute well.
- Add capsicum strips and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix 1 tbsp red chilli paste, 2 tbsp tomato sauce, 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce and sugar and mix well. Add this and little water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the fried idli and toss well for 2-3 minutes till sauce is well coated with idli pieces. Remove from flame and serve hot…
- To prepare red chilli paste, soak 10-15 dried red chillies by removing seeds in water for about 15 minutes. Then drain the water and grind it to a paste.