200 gm red spinach / chuvanna cheera / red amaranth, finely chopped
1 cup grated coconut
2 green chillies
1 – 1 1/2 cup yoghurt
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
2 dry red chillies
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
- Wash and finely chop the spinach.
- Grind together grated coconut, green chillies, 3-4 curry leaves and 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and add dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add chopped spinach and little salt and saute well adding 1/4 cup of water and cook till done.
- Add ground coconut mixture to this and mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the beaten yoghurt and mix well. Check for salt and switch off the flame. Don’t allow to boil…..Serve with rice…