3 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
1/2 cup + 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
110 gm / 8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree celcius.
- In a bowl, add chopped strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar and toss to coat well and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together plain flour, baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Add in milk, vanilla essence and melted butter and stir until combined.
- Grease a 9 inch casserole dish / baking dish and pour the batter evenly into the dish.
- Spoon strawberries evenly on top of batter. Do not stir.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or cold…