1/2 kg crabs, cleaned
1 tsp pepper corns
1 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
small lemon sized tamarind
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
4-6 shallots, sliced
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4-1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp rasam powder
salt to taste
1/4 cup coriander leaves
1 tbsp oil
- Cut the crabs into pieces, clean it and keep it aside.
- In a pan, dry roast pepper corns, fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds till you get a nice aroma. Cool down and grind it to a coarse powder and keep it aside.
- Blanch the tomatoes (add tomatoes in a pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes and then transfer them to a bowl of cold water), then peel off the skin and mash it well with the hands and keep it aside.
- Soak tamarind in little water, extract its juice and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add cumin seeds, garlic, curry leaves and sliced shallots and saute well.
- Add in the roasted and ground masala powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and rasam powder and saute for few minutes.
- Then add the crushed tomato and tamarind juice and mix well. Add the salt.
- Now add in the cleaned crab, mix well and cook covered at low flame till the crab is cooked completely.
- Adjust the salt and switch off the flame. Add coriander leaves and keep the pan covered till you serve…
Recipe Source: happietrio.com