3/4 kg chicken , cut into pieces
1/4 cup almonds / badam
3/4 cup yogurt
1 tbsp ginger-garlic, crushed
2 green chillies, chopped
2 onions, chopped
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste
- Soak almonds in water for an hour and remove the skin and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add yogurt, crushed ginger-garlic, chopped green chillies and salt and mix well.
- Add cleaned chicken pieces and marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a pan, add chopped onions, peeled almonds, cardamoms and 1 cup of water and cook at high flame till the water completely dries.
- Remove from the flame and allow to cool at room temperature. Then grind it to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee and butter in a pan and add the ground paste and cook for 3 minutes over medium flame, stirring continuously.
- Add marinated chicken into this, mix well and allow to boil over medium flame.
- Add 3/4 cup of water and when it boils, cook covered over low flame for about 20-25 minutes till the chicken is cooked well, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk to this and cook for another 5 minutes at low flame.
- Switch off the flame and add chopped coriander leaves…Serve hot…