1/2 kg carrots
10 dates, pitted
2 tbsp ginger, sliced
2 tbsp garlic, sliced
3-4 green chillies, cut into rounds
3/4 cup vinegar
1 1/2 – 2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp pickle powder (optional)
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
salt to taste
- In a small pan, lightly dry roast 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds and then powder them. Keep it aside.
- Grind together 2 carrots and dates using vinegar and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add remaining thinly sliced carrots, ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Add ground carrot-dates mixture, chilli powder, sugar, pickle powder, mustard- fenugreek powder and salt to this and mix well.
- Add more vinegar if required. Don’t add water…Check seasoning and adjust to your taste…
- Store in an air tight glass container/ bottle and keep refrigerated..