1/2 kg prawns, cleaned
12-15 long beans/ achinga payar
18-20 shallots, sliced
1 cup grated coconut
2 tbsp ginger, chopped
2 green chillies
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp fenugreek powder
lemon sized tamarind
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
oil, as required
- Chop long beans into 1 inch pieces. Soak tamarind in little water, extract its juice and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry beans till it gets slightly crispy. Add salt to taste and stir well. Remove it from the pan and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and add grated coconut and roast in medium flame till it turns brown.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder and fenugreek powder to this and slightly roast.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool. Then grind it to a smooth paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add shallots, ginger, curry leaves and green chillies and fry till the shallots becomes golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder and stir well. Add cleaned prawns and salt and saute till the prawn changes colour.
- Add tamarind extract , long beans and little water to adjust consistency and allow this to simmer.
- Now add the ground coconut paste and cook on medium flame for 5 minutes or until the gravy thickens and remove it from the flame. Serve with rice…
Recipe Source: Kitchen Corner – Try It