250 gm small prawns / chemmeen, cleaned
1 1/2 cup koorka / chinese potato, cleaned
3/4 cup grated coconut
1 tbsp coriander powder
4 garlic cloves, crushed
small piece ginger, crushed
2 green chillies, slit
10 pepper corns
1 1/2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
small piece kudampuli / gambooge
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
2 sprig curry leaves
1 1/2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
- Heat little oil in a pan and roast grated coconut, pepper corns, 2 shallots chopped and few curry leaves at low flame till golden.
- Then add coriander powder and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool. Then grind it to a smooth paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- In a manchatti / pan, add cleaned prawns, chopped koorka, chilli powder, turmeric powder, green chillies, crushed ginger, garlic, curry leaves and salt and cook covered adding enough water at medium flame.
- Add kudampuli to this and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Then add the ground coconut paste and mix well. Adjust the water and cover and boil for few minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add 2 shallots, dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry.
- Pour this over the curry and mix well… Serve hot…
- Adjust the spice level to your taste….