18-20 thinly sliced breadfruit pieces
1 tbsp rice flour
1 1/2-2 tsp chilli powder
a pinch of asafoetida
salt to taste
oil for frying…
- Cut the breadfruit into two halves. Then each half into 4 equal pieces and remove the centre hard portion.
- Peel and slice them into thin pieces and place them in the water.
- In a mixing bowl, add gram flour, rice flour, chilli powder, asafoetida and salt and mix well.
- Add required water little by little and mix well to make a smooth batter. The batter should not be too thick or too thin.
- Heat oil in a pan. Drain the water from breadfruit and dip each piece in the batter and fry on both sides at medium flame until it turns golden brown colour.
- Remove from the oil and drain them on a paper towel….Serve with tea or coffee…