2 cups jeerakasala rice
4 cups of water
1 small onion, chopped
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 green chillies, slit
3 tbsp carrot, chopped
2 tbsp beans, chopped
2 tbsp frozen green peas
2-3 tbsp capsicum, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 piece cinnamon
1/4 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp ghee
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste
2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- Wash the rice, drain it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cloves, cinnamon, cardamoms and chopped onion and saute.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and slit green chillies and saute well till raw smell goes.
- Add chopped carrot, beans and little salt and saute.
- Add green peas and chopped capsicum and saute. Add turmeric powder to this and saute till raw smell goes.
- Add 4 cups of water and required salt and when it starts to boil, add drained rice and mix well.
- When it boils well, reduce the flame and cook covered at low flame, stirring once in between.
- Switch off the flame and add garam masala, lemon juice, ghee and coriander leaves and keep covered for 10 minutes. Mix well and serve…
Recipe Source: Fadwas Kitchen