2 raw banana/ plantain / pachakaya
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3 green chillies, slit
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1- 1 1/2 cup yoghurt, beaten
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 dry red chillies
2 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- Peel and chop ripe plantain into cubes.
- Grind grated coconut with 1 green chilly, shallots, cumin seeds and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder to a fine paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- In a pan / manchatti, add the cubed plantain and cook it covered adding 2 green chillies, chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 sprig curry leaves , salt and enough water until it turns soft and tender.
- Add the ground coconut paste to the cooked plantain, mix well and cook at low flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the beaten yoghurt , mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Don’t allow to boil.
- Heat oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and dry red chillies and pour this over the pulissery…Keep it covered for 10 minutes and then serve with rice..