pachakaya / ethakka tholi / planatain peel, chopped ( from 3-4 big bananas)
1/4 cup vanpayar / red beans ( 1/2-3/4 cup cooked)
1 cup grated coconut
3 green chillies
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 sprig curry leaves
2 dry red chillies
1 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Soak the vanpayar in water overnight and pressure cook it adding enough water and salt. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Peel the bananas and chop them into small pieces. Keep them in water till you use to avoid browning.
- Grind together grated coconut, green chillies, garlic cloves, cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and few curry leaves to a coarse mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add drained chopped banana peel and saute well adding 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt.
- Add cooked vanpayar to this and mix well.
- Then add crushed coconut mixture , mix well and sprinkle some water and cook covered at low flame, stirring occasionally. Remove from flame and serve with rice…