1 cup plain flour
1 tbsp poppy seeds
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup red currants
butter/ cooking spray
- In a mixing bowl, combine plain flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, sugar and salt and whisk well until mixed.
- In another bowl, add buttermilk and egg and whisk until smooth.
- Pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk all together. Then gently stir in the red currants.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle over medium heat and lightly brush the pan with melted butter /oil or cooking spray.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of prepared batter onto the hot pan using a small ladle.
- When bubbles starts to appear on the surface of the pancake (2-3 minutes), flip over and cook it for 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Repeat with remaining batter, brushing the pan with melted butter or oil.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top and serve warm with red currant sauce or maple syrup or honey….