8-10 ladle of thick dosa batter
1 cup vazhapindi / banana stem, chopped
3-4 shallots, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1/2 inch ginger, chopped
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
5-6 curry leaves
salt to taste
- Cut the banana stem into rounds and pull the fibre from the edges using fingers and remove them. Then chop into small pieces and keep it aside.
- In a blender, add the chopped vazhapindi , shallots, green chillies, ginger , curry leaves and cumin seeds and grind well to a fine paste adding 2 tbsp water.
- Add this to the dosa batter, stir well and add salt if required.
- Heat a dosa tawa/ pan and lightly grease with oil.
- Pour a ladle full of batter in the centre and using the back of the ladle spread as concentric circles.
- Drizzle 1/2 tsp of oil over the dosa and cook till done. Turn the other side and cook if required.
- Serve hot with chutney or sambar…