1 1/2 -2 cup idli batter
1 cup beetroot, chopped
1 green chilli, chopped
1/2 inch ginger, chopped
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste
- In a blender, add the chopped beetroot, green chilli, ginger and cumin seeds and salt and grind well to a fine puree.
- Add this beetroot puree to the idli batter and mix well.
- In an idli cooker/ steamer , take enough water and allow to boil.
- Grease the idli moulds with little oil and pour the batter in the moulds.
- Place them in the steamer, close with a tight lid and steam cook on medium flame for about 15 minutes or until idlis get cooked well.
- Remove from the flame and allow to cool. Then remove the idlis from the moulds using the spoon and serve with sambar/ chutney…