1 1/2 kg chicken
1 big onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp ginger, sliced
7 green chillies, slit
7-8 garlic cloves, sliced
2 big potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 tsp vinegar
2 small cinnamon pieces
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp crushed pepper
1 1/2 tsp
1 1/2 cup thin coconut milk (second extract)
1/2 cup thick coconut milk (first extract)
salt to taste
- Cut the chicken into pieces, clean it and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add cleaned chicken, vinegar, potatoes, salt and 1/2 cup of water and cook for 2 whistles.
- In a pan, dry roast cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, fennel seeds and cumin seeds. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool and then powder it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan and add sliced garlic, ginger, onion, green chillies and curry leaves and saute well.
- Reduce the flame and add crushed pepper, powdered masala and plain flour and saute well till raw smell goes.
- Add cooked chicken with its stock and mix well.
- When it boils well, add thin coconut milk and allow to boil. Adjust the salt.
- Add thick coconut milk and few curry leaves and mix well. Switch off the flame and serve hot…
Recipe Source: LekshmiNair (YouTube)