1/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp water
For Coffee Custard:
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp instant coffee powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
- In a pan, add 1/4 cup sugar and 3 tbsp water and cook over medium flame till it becomes brown.
- Transfer immediately into the setting mould
- In a pan, add milk and 1/2 cup sugar and heat by mixing with whisk till the sugar dissolves. No need to boil. Remove from the flame.
- In a bowl, add eggs, coffee powder and vanilla essence and whisk well.
- Add warm milk to this and mix well using whisk.
- Strain the mixture and pour it over the caramel . Cover it with an aluminium foil.
- Place it in a steamer and cook over medium flame for about 25-30 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Allow it to cool and then refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Demould the set cooled coffee custard into a plate and serve…