12-15 jackfruit seeds / chakkakuru
1/2 litre milk
8-10 gm china grass
1/2 tin / 200 gm condensed milk
7 tbsp sugar (or as required)
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 tbsp sugar
40-50 gm almonds or cashew nuts
- Remove the outer white peel of jackfruit seed. Then pressure cook it adding little water. When it gets cooled, grind it in the mixie and keep it aside.
- Soak china grass in 1/2 cup of water for 10 minutes.
- In a thick bottomed saucepan, boil milk adding condensed milk and sugar on medium flame.
- In the meantime, heat the soaked china grass along with water in another pan on low flame, stirring continuously until the china grass melts completely.
- Add vanilla essence to the milk mixture and mix well.
- Then add the jackfruit seed paste and mix well until well combined.
- Add melted china grass and mix well .Remove it from the flame.
- Transfer to a pudding tray and keep it in the refrigerator till set….
- Caramelise sugar in a non stick pan.
- Add nuts to this and toast. When it turns golden brown, transfer it to a oil greased plate..
- When it cools completely , roughly grind it in the mixer.
- Top it over the pudding and serve chilled..