1 cup corn kernals ( I used frozen)
250 gm beef, cut into small pieces
1 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/2-1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger, crushed
3-4 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tbsp garlic, crushed
1 sprig curry leaves, finely chopped
3 bread slices
1 egg, beaten
1 cup cornflakes, crushed using hand
salt to taste
oil, as required
- Steam cook the corn or microwave it for 2-4 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Clean and cut the beef into small pieces and cook it in a pressure cooker adding 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp pepper powder, 1 tsp vinegar, salt and enough water. Then shred the cooked beef pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and add chopped onion and saute till translucent and lightly brown in colour.
- Add chopped green chillies, curry leaves, crushed ginger and garlic and saute well.
- Add 1/2 tsp chilli powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Add steamed corn and shredded beef to this and mix well. Adjust the salt and spice level…Switch off the flame.
- Dip 3 bread slices in water and squeeze it very well. Add this to the prepared masala and mash well using hand till well mixed with the masala.
- Make small balls out of it and flatten into desired shapes.
- Dip each cutlet into the beaten egg and then roll in crushed corn flakes till well coated on all sides.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the cutlets on low flame till golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from the oil and drain them on a paper towel….Serve hot with tomato sauce…