2-3 large brined gooseberries / uppilitta nellikka, pitted and chopped
3/4 cup yogurt, or as required
2 small shallots, thinly sliced
1-2 green chillies, sliced into thin rounds
1/2 tsp ginger, thinly sliced
few curry leaves
1/4 tsp chilli powder
2 dried red chillies, broken
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
2-3 tsp coconut oil
- In a bowl, add chopped gooseberries, yogurt and salt and mix well.
- Heat 2-3 tsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dried red chillies and fry for a few seconds.
- Add sliced shallots and green chillies and fry till shallots turns golden.
- Add ginger and curry leaves and stir for 15 seconds.
- Then add chilli powder and stir and immediately pour this seasoning over the raita. Cover with a lid for 10 minutes.
- Mix well and keep it aside for 30 minutes. Serve with rice…
- You can also use steamed / boiled gooseberries for this recipe…
Recipe Source: Yummy O Yummy