2 cups rava / semolina
1 tbsp sugar
salt to taste
4 tbsp plain flour
1/2 tsp instant yeast
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- In a bowl, add rava, sugar, salt and plain flour and mix well.
- Add 2 cups of warm water into this in two batches and keep it aside for 2 minutes.
- Then transfer this to blender and add yeast, grated coconut, shallots and cumin seeds and grind well.
- Transfer to a bowl and add about 1 cup of water ( or 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup coconut water) and mix well. Keep it aside for 2-3 hours.
- Heat a pan and pour a ladleful of batter into the hot tawa.
- When bubbles/ holes start appearing at the surface, cook it covered at medium flame.
- Remove the appam from the pan and transfer it to a plate. Repeat the same with the remaining batter.. Serve with any curry of your choice…