3 big ripe plantians/ kerala bananas ( nendrapazham)
1 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup jaggery, grated or powdered
2 -3 tbsp rice flour
2 tsp black sesame seeds
1/4 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
1 cup thick coconut milk
oil for frying
- Peel and slice bananas lengthwise and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, rice flour, jaggery, black sesame seeds, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Add thick coconut milk little by little and mix well with hand.
- Add about 4 tbsp of water or as required and mix well to make a smooth thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan. Dip each banana pieces in the batter, coat well and deep fry them in hot oil on both sides till cooked and golden.
- Drain and transfer to a kitchen tissue…Serve hot as a snack….