250 gm chicken, cut into small pieces
2 cups basmati rice
3 cups of hot water
2 onions, chopped
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 piece of ginger
2 green chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tbsp yogurt
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 bay leaf
1 star anise
2 piece cinnamon
1 tsp ghee
3-4 tbsp oil
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
- Clean the chicken pieces and marinate it with yogurt, chilli powder and salt. Keep it aside.
- Soak rice in water for 20-30 minutes. Wash and drain it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaf, cinnamon and star anise and saute.
- Add chopped onions and saute well adding little salt.
- Add chopped tomatoes to this and saute well till soft.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic, green chillies and curry leaves and saute well.
- Add marinated chicken to this, mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add garam masala and mix well.
- Add drained basmati rice, salt and 1 tsp ghee and mix well.
- Add 3 cups of hot water to this and mix well. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 15 minutes ..Serve hot…