1/2 kg mutton
2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 black cardamom
2-3 bay leaves
3 big onions, finely chopped
2 big tomatoes
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp chilli powder
2 green chillies
1 tsp cumin seeds
15-20 pepper corns
1 tsp garam masala
3-4 tbsp yogurt
coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
5-6 tbsp oil
- Clean the mutton pieces and marinate it with ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt and keep it aside for at least 30 minutes.
- In a blender, add cumin seeds and pepper corns and make as fine powder and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and black cardamom.
- Add chopped onions and saute well till golden brown.
- Add marinated mutton and fry on high flame for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and 1/2 cup of water and mix well. Cook it covered for 1 whistle at high flame and then cook at low flame for 10 minutes.
- When the pressure releases, open the cooker and add coriander powder, chilli powder and chopped green chillies, mix well and boil well at high flame.
- Then reduce the flame and add garam masala, cumin-pepper powder and beaten yogurt and mix well.
- Cook it covered for 5-6 minutes and add coriander leaves and switch off the flame. Serve hot with roti, paratha, neer dosa, pathiri etc..
Recipe Source: Cooking with Benazir (Youtube)